It’s been so long I almost forgot how to do a post. Today’s recipe if one of my favorite cookie recipes (obviously the title says it all). These cookies turn out fantastic EVERY TIME, not to flat, not to hard, their fluffy and chewy! Their made with whole wheat flour and rolled oats. They do have sugar, oil and butter, I’ve found that you have to balance the bad with the good in order to find a treat everyone will enjoy. Remember that though, they are just a treat, so have just one, enjoy and then walk away ;)
My Favorite Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large egg
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cup chocolate chips (I use half semi and half milk)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Grind oats in a blender or food processor. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth and creamy. With the mixer running, add the dry ingredients, beating on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls, at least 1 inch apart, onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until firm around the edges and golden on top, about 15 minutes. Cool the cookies for 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Per cookie: 99 calories; 5 g fat ( 2 g sat , 2 g mono ); 10 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 8 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 64 mg sodium; 41 mg potassium.
who dished it up first…www.eatingwell.com